Moscow to host largest CIS blockchain and cryptocurrency conference
On April 17-18, Moscow will host the annual, largest CIS exhibition and conference – Blockchain Conference Moscow. The event is dedicated to blockchain business application as well as cryptocurrency and ICO regulation.
The seventh event will involve foreign and Russian blockchain entrepreneurs, startup founders and CEOs, venture investors and legal experts.
The event is expected to break a record of the recent Blockchain & Bitcoin Conference held in November 2017 and bringing more than 2 000 guests, 40 speakers and 60 exhibitors. Experts from the Analytical Center for the Government of the Russian Federation recognized it as the largest event in the CIS countries. According to Gleb Pokatovich, a deputy at the Center, the conference proved that the blockchain sector grew from a technological sandbox and kept expanding its boundaries.
Smile-Expo, the event organizer, is well known in the cryptocurrency community. Being one of the first to enter the blockchain event market, the company has several times achieved the greatest results in terms of the amount of exhibitors and attendees. Holding flagship projects in Russia, Ukraine, the Czech Republic and Estonia, Smile-Expo has developed a network of blockchain conferences covering up to three dozens of countries.
The conference is divided into two sections: the first one is dedicated to Fintech blockchain solutions and the second one to developments and marketing.
The Fintech section will allow to examine issues related to ICO launch and investment, legislation, taxation, trading, conversion and mining.
Second section participants will share their conclusions and forecasts regarding:
- the current situation on the blockchain development market and the way to apply blockchain in businesses;
- whether we will see a market collapse and a breakdown of ICO confidence;
- whether the crypto industry will face new records in 2018.
Legal experts will talk about the regulation of digital currencies in Russia and abroad. They will focus on initiatives by Russia’s Ministry of Finance, Central Bank and State Duma.
In particular, they will answer the following questions:
- is it possible to create a crypto-ruble being developed by the Central Bank, three specialized ministries and the Russian Presidential Executive Office?
- will mining be recognized as an entrepreneurial activity and taxed? And will the government be able to determine requirements for its procedure?
- is the Central Bank’s disapproval of cryptocurrencies as a payment method ultimate?
- will the maximum amount of funding for Russian ICOs be limited according to the offer of the Ministry of Finance? And other issues.
Heads of ICO marketing campaigns and international cryptocurrency projects will speak in the ‘Developments and Mining’ room. Participants will share secrets of successful promotion in mass media, search systems, YouTube and social networks.
The exhibition, which is expected to be even larger than in 2017, will present mining software and hardware (solutions for establishing farms, cooling systems), cryptocurrency ATMs, smart devices based on blockchain, e-wallets, exchanges, analytical services, cybersecurity solutions, as well as crypto project promotion services.
It is suggested that the exhibition will break the record in terms of the area and the amount of exhibitors: currently, the exhibition area of Blockchain Conference Moscow 2017 is considered to be the largest one in the world.