As one of the world's most popular blockchain and cryptocurrency market, South Korea has a high level of enthusiasm for crypto investments. Large companies are actively deploying blockchain tracks, and even the Korean government continues to positively surprise the community.
According to the Cointelegraph, Park Won-soon — Mayor of Seoul — in October 2018 launched the “Block City Seoul City Plan”. The plan shows that by 2022 Seoul City will set up nearly 100 million US dollars to fund blockchain industry deployment to cultivate excellent blockchain-based projects, effectively promote high technologies. The plan includes an investment of 53 million US dollars in the Gaepo Digital Innovation Park and Mapo Venture Center to support about 200 high-quality blockchain projects and aiming to nurture local industry experts in Korea.
Recently Park Won-soon confirmed to make a keynote speech at the CHAIN PLUS+ 2019 blockchain summit, which will be held on 23-24 of January. The summit is co-organized by MTN (Money Today Network Inc.) and Chainers — South Korean business & economic media conglomerate and one of the biggest blockchain accelerators in South Korea respectively.
In addition, Chainers came up with something exciting!
- The government of South Korea is preparing to establish two blockchain incubation centers to grow new high-quality blockchain projects and companies, which are going to land in and develop their businesses in South Korea. Meanwhile, Chainers will be one of the designated organizations to examine, review, and recommend prospective blockchain projects, closely collaborating with related departments in government.
- Professor Park of Sogang University in Korea will govern the South Korea Blockchain Association (the only official Korean blockchain association) and serve as a senior consultant for Chainers from the next year.
- Korean Parliamentarian Park Joo-sun has just successfully established a committee of 16 government members for the purpose of developing a legislative proposal, which will have the authorization to propose blockchain-related laws to related departments of Korean government. While Vision Creator (parent company of Chainers in Korea) is currently preparing to implement its own STO exchange in Korea, this committee of Park Joo-sun will be the strategic partner of this innovation.
- Perry Jung, the chairman of Chainers, has been deeply involved in traditional financial and securities industry in Korea for decades and is expert in IPO rules and compliance process. To help prospective blockchain projects/companies better understand market and cryptocurrency investors in Korea enabling them the development of go-to-market strategies in Korea, Chainers is regularly holding meet-ups in many different places in China.
- Chainers is currently working with a top traditional securities company that have obtained five financial licenses in Hong Kong, and are also preparing for Korean financial licenses as well. With its facilitation, Chainers could better support projects to do ICO/STO in Korea.
CHAIN PLUS+ 2019 blockchain summit will mainly focus on the following topic: “Blockchain Empowering Entity Economy”. The conference is supported by different industries such as economic & finance, gaming, along with traditional Korean conglomerates such as Samsung and Hanwha groups. Along with various highlights and key features, Chain Plus+ 2019 will bring great values to all range of stakeholders as well as integrating industry resources and injecting new energy into blockchain industry even in the recent bear market.